Thursday, January 28, 2010

Mafia Wars in Palm Coast, Florida?

Facebook is one of those social phenomena that has come out of nowhere and exploded all over our lives.  Overnight, it's made sites like Classmates.com obsolete.  Why pay for "Gold" status to find an old flame from high school or college, when there is now probably a Fan Page for your class and/or school anyway... for free?!

Dear Lord, I hope they aren't teasing us and stringing us along... like those ads:  "Buy this amazing house full of furniture for ONLY $10,000 - a $30,000 value - and make no payments until 2011!!!"  Oh, man, by 2011 the cat has barfed on the couch - a lot - and you've discovered that vinyl sticks to your skin in the summer.  Then the payments kick in.  And so does reality.

They better not do that with Facebook.  It would be like the school yard pusher giving the kids free Chronic for a month.  Then when they come for more... there's now a fee involved! 

I've got hundreds of Facebook friends in Palm Coast, FL and all over Flagler County.  Many of them are in serious trouble.  I have a cop friend who is deeply involved in Mafia wars!  I'm sure that's a conflict of interest, right? Many others do really important things and they have GOT to be retired or independently wealthy, because it seems that's ALL they do!  They adopt baby seals in a fantasy aquarium, fry too many fajitas in a fantasy kitchen, and fertilize crops out in Farmville (which I think is west of Bunnell, near the Volusia County line, off Route 11)

They keep track of MY astrology sign for me, send me hugs and cocktails and glasses of wine.  They tell me when they are having coffee, leaving the office, going to the store, and what they had for supper.  I sure hope we don't start sharing trips to the bathroom - with or without the sports page.  Anyway, you get my drift.  I'm heading home now to fix Maritssa supper in Cafe World.  i Heart you all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

well you snagged me..........goofball.

Why read "Palm Coast Unplugged?"

"Palm Coast Unplugged" gives a "backstage pass" to locally focused Palm Coast, Flagler Beach, and Ormond Beach, Florida... Real Estate and other useful information:
Please feel free to share your comments at the end of any blog post!