What I'm trying to say is that we Realtors can really, really, really, REALLY help you! It's a chaotic mess right now... a winding path through the real estate jungle. We're like every other profession, in that some of us are not so professional and should have our licenses taken away. Many of us are average and can help you out. Then there are those of us who live this... We eat, drink, and breath real estate. It's in our blood. It's a big part of who we are. By the way, we're the ones you want to call. Then, when the deal is done, you can say, "Wow, there's no way we could have done that on our own!"
- Get pre-qualified by a lender before you ever start looking. Pre-approved is even better.
- Make sure you get a home inspection - even if it's an "as-is" transaction.
- Don't call "every agent on every sign" you drive by... or call every agent on the Internet. Find one agent you can trust and put it on them.
- There's way more to it than a website, an ad in the paper, or an open house.
- Narrow your search (PLEASE!) before you start. You will never "get there" if you want to "see everything for sale in town."
- Think ahead 3-10 years. Are you ready to start a family, etc?
- Due diligence is important. Satisfy yourself on locations, schools, commutes, crime reports, etc.
- Think of "total costs." Stay in your budget. Don't buy to the max and then say, "Oh, oh... we have no money for furniture!"
- Don't get involved in a "Short Sale" unless you know all about them first. You need lots of patience and even then it might not go.
- It's a buyer's market, but don't let that fool you into thinking every house will yield a massive discount from the asking price. It's all about how well the house price/value ratio is addressed... and the seller's motivation.
In Palm Coast, FL (as well as Flagler Beach and all of Flagler County... Southern St. John's and Ormond Beach), call me and we can talk about this. Cell: 386-931-1987.