Tuesday, April 20, 2010

"Let's Let The Dogs Loose"

When my son played football in high school, they were the Bulldogs, or the Dawgs.  I certainly rooted for them, but as a Georgia Tech Yellow Jacket, it was tough, because of our disdain for the Univ of Georgia "Dawgs."  At every game, at every first down or touchdown or extra point or field goal or tackle or interception... or if the waterboy raised his arms... ad nauseum, we heard it:  "Who Let The Dogs Out?"  Remember it?  It came out in 2000 (The Baha Men's only hit).  I couldn't get it out of my head for several years - and I hope to God that writing this doesn't bring it back!

Well, this terrific cartoon (above) shows up in the paper and I hear the song again!  last time I wrote about HAFA a bit sarcastically.  I'm sorry.  But this cartoon shows the simplicity of our dilemna.  Streamline the foreclosure/short sale process and BINGO!  The bottleneck in the housing market starts to unclog! Our economy starts to flow and jobs are generated again!  What a concept!  But banks are resistant to speed.  They don't want to have to report all the debt to their stockholders.  They are happier to mislead them.  You know - "Short term partial fix and let the next team take the hit!"

But I swear to you, it really is that simple.


1 comment:

Frank Zedar said...

Hey, "internationalrealestate," do you really like my blog - as you say, "pleasant to you? (weird choice of words, by the way) - or are you sneaking in a URL and a plug for your Miami business? Tsk tsk tsk...

Why read "Palm Coast Unplugged?"

"Palm Coast Unplugged" gives a "backstage pass" to locally focused Palm Coast, Flagler Beach, and Ormond Beach, Florida... Real Estate and other useful information:
Please feel free to share your comments at the end of any blog post!