Monday, July 7, 2008

Rotator Cuff Surgery

My big brother has said this for years - and It's finally sinking in: "Getting old is not for wimps." I use this as my lead in, because I'm now two and a half weeks into my "Rotator Cuff Surgery Experience" and his words are echoing in the caverns of my mind. This will be short, as typing still hurts and I have to do so with my good right arm in a sling. Aahhh!
Although not mine, my right shoulder looks like the middle photo above. They were trying to stick to the arthroscopic procedure, like the above left picture depicts, yet they found "other stuff," which created a need for the incision. "Other stuff?"
I start my PT (physical therapy) sessions today and I'm told I should bring a bullet to bite on. I have a friend and fellow RE/MAX broker out in Breckenridge, CO. Kelli's Dad is my age and also a former career military fellow. She told me he went through this last year and that he told her the pain of the PT sessions was "what he imagined child birth to be like." That's not good, is it? (Pssstttt: if you need a really good real estate agent in Colorado ski country, contact Kelli: www.kellisells.com )
Oh, and that photo in the upper right? That's me on the way home from the hospital after surgery. My doctor got so mad! He said to chill and let the therapy do its magic... We'll see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Frank! Sorry to hear about your surgery and hope you're feeling better. I told you to take it easy with "Guitar Hero" but I guess you didn't listen...

Frank Zedar said...

Bill - Hey, you're the Guitar Hero. We miss you playing and singing at High Jackers and The Golden Lion. The shoulder is doing well - good surgeon - good rehab guy. Frank.

Frank Zedar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Why read "Palm Coast Unplugged?"

"Palm Coast Unplugged" gives a "backstage pass" to locally focused Palm Coast, Flagler Beach, and Ormond Beach, Florida... Real Estate and other useful information:
Please feel free to share your comments at the end of any blog post!