Wednesday, August 8, 2007

"Ripple Effect"

"There is a Ripple Effect in all we do.
What you do touches me... and what I do touches you."
Last week, I suggested taking an early morning adventure over to the beach to experience one of God's simple gifts... a Sunrise. (See 8/1/07, "If You Think You Can... You're Probably Right") By the number of "Hey, thank you for that" responses, I'm guessing people liked the idea. What the heck, a sunrise is free... and it beats the current crop of summer movies, hands down (how many "Part 2" and "Part 3" and "Return of the..." can we stand?). I'm hoping it gets some steam - sort of like a local "Pay it Forward."

When I do these posts, I often wonder what people think. Sometimes I come off as very "Hawkish" (See Posts from 7/17/07, 7/4/07, 5/26/07, 5/25/07)... like an uber-patriot. Other times, however, I'm very "Dovish." That reminds me of a pub on Capital Hill in Washington, DC, called the "Hawk 'n' Dove." It's still there, but a very watered down version of the place that opened in 1967, in the political and social heat of the Viet Nam War. When I came back from Viet Nam in 1969, I was stationed in the DC area. Going in that pub back then was quite a scene... many arguments fueled by alcohol... between that era's hawks and doves.

Well, today we'll be with the doves. Take a look at the three pictures at the top... all of "ripples." The first is a generic ripple. The second, a ripple contained within a small bucket. The third portrays how the world might be affected by a big enough ripple. You get the picture. There truly is a ripple effect in all we do. What you do touches me... and what I do, touches you. Check this short video link: http://www.simpletruths.com/a.aspx?af=219&mo=stsr&t=2

Seems like Johnny the Bagger has something for us all...

1 comment:

David Royall said...

Another great post Frank.

Why read "Palm Coast Unplugged?"

"Palm Coast Unplugged" gives a "backstage pass" to locally focused Palm Coast, Flagler Beach, and Ormond Beach, Florida... Real Estate and other useful information:
Please feel free to share your comments at the end of any blog post!